February 20, 2020
Tonight is the night! After 60+ episodes we are finally to the point where we have our very first guest! Richie Reeder of Pressingon.org will be joining us to talk about his life, his calling, and his views on loving others. If you know him, you’ll want to hear this. If you don’t know him, you’re going to want to get to hear his story.
- What did you eat good or bad this week?
- Jay – Eric’s fruit
- Eric – Jay’s fruit
- What did you do this week?
- Jay – Tough Conversations that turned out to be blessings
- Eric – Visit to the dentist
- Focus Topic – Giving good comfort
- Guest Richie Reeder
- About Richie
- Raised in a Christian home with great parents and a large family
- Passions have always been sports, communication and Christ
- Life changing experiences:
- Decided to follow after Jesus (age 4 – 1988)
- Met my wife Regan while playing baseball in college (18 – 2003)
- Married Regan and moved to Pittsburgh (22 – 2007)
- Lost my Dad to Pancreatic Cancer at age 49 (24 – 2009)
- Lost my best friend from high school to cancer (25 – 2010)
- Became a father to Alivia (26 – 2011)
- Helped plant a church in Monroeville (28 – 2013)
- Daughter Myka born with rare, genetic disease (30 – 2015)
- Myka’s Liver Transplant and hospitalization (32 – 2017)
- Founded new non-profit (Pressing On) helping families in crisis (34 – 2019)
- Work Experience: professional sports, corporate insurance, churches and non-profit.
- Visit Richie’s organization’s website, Pressing On
- Do Better
- Can’t Do Better