April 21, 2021
We live in a very “fake” world. Filters can change your appearance. Selective editing can change a news story one way or the other. Hidden motivations can be around every corner. Cancel culture can keep you from expressing yourself or expressing anything at all. We are living in a very divided world and more than ever we can know who’s on the “other side.” One big problem of this is, there are way too many “sides” and therefor divisions.
This lack of authenticity and surplus of division leaves us with a dearth of something crucial. True genuine intentions and relationships are becoming more and more scarce. However, with great challenges come great opportunities. How important is it to be genuine? How can you be more genuine? What are the pitfalls or dangers that come with being genuine?
- What’s going on in our lives this week?
- Good: Church
- Bad: House stuff
- Food: Bad shrimp and sumac- not good
- Good: Maggie
- Bad: can’t really talk about it
- Food: Smokehouse burger on date night at Texas Roadhouse
- Good: Messaging someone from my new favorite band, Goose
- Bad: Alexis’ health
- Food: Jambalaya
- Good: BBQ chicken and Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Bad: Contrary personality trait
- Food: BBQ chicken and Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Focus Topic – Being Genuine
- Do Better