Comfort After Loss
May 26, 2021
Welcome everyone and pull up a seat at the table. It’s Lunchtime in Rome. Tonight is episode 115 entitled Comfort After Loss.
Is there anything more awkward than going to a viewing and trying to think of something to say to someone who has just lost someone very near and dear to them? We’ve all lost someone. We’ve heard many of the worst examples of “comfort.” However, few of us have been really blessed by the words of someone who came to a viewing/funeral. I mean, REALLY blessed. Most people successfully don’t offend or hurt us further but what was it about the ones that made us actually feel better?
- What’s going on in our lives this week?
- Good: Crazy busy planning for Baccalaureate & Disc Golf course
- Bad: Seeing loved ones suffer
- Food: New grill!
- Good: Mag’s “Bugaboo”
- Bad: Anxious and doesn’t know why
- Food: Sous vide pork chops
- Good: Baccalaureate rehersal went really great!
- Bad: Security taken from him in a meeting
- Food: Joe’s Crab Shack
- Good: Trip to Florida with Lex (Wife)
- Bad: Coming back to “reality”
- Food: Florida food
- Focus Topic – Comfort After Loss
- Do Better
- Can’t Do Better